Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day

This Sunday is Mother's Day.  It always seems to sneak up on me.  Maybe because I'm a farmer and 'May' is just synonymous with 'busy'.  Or maybe it's because we haven't had much spring weather yet to remind us that Mother's Day is coming?  Whatever the reason, it really doesn't matter because the day is almost here!

I've been thinking a lot about my mom lately.  How much she means to me and how I just don't tell her as much as I should.  You know that verse in Proverbs 31 (a chapter that we as women sometimes make fun of?).  Well verse 28 says, "Her children arise and call her blessed;  her husband also, and he praises her."  Well I can truly say this verse of my Mom.  She is a living example of the grace & love of God, lived out daily in her life.  And I am so blessed because she is...AND I should tell her that!

I don't usually enjoy poetry much - I often think it's quirky & corny...but I found this verse about Moms, and thought that it was worth sharing.
A mother who always cares,
A mother who's always there.
A mother who always prays,
A mother who always stays.
When things get rough,
When life gets tough,
When all is just too much to bear,
God's Word she shares.
God's light she shines.
So blessed God made this mother mine.
~ Author unknown
 This Sunday, bring your Mom & come out & worship with us!  We'll have a special treat, just for the ladies, to remind them how beautiful & special they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry we have to use the Word Verification box. Just too much spam these days.

Your responses are welcome. Keep the conversation going.